The domain join cannot be completed because the SID..
The domain join cannot be completed because the SID of the domain you attempted to join was identical to the SID of this machine
Basically, I was trying to join a virtual machine to the domain, which is the clone of domain controller 🙂 Hyper-V helps us to take the vhdx files for re-use and you may also face this issue in your server life. Don’t worry about this. I have found the solution too as follows
You want to go through sysprep again on the machine as follows:
1. Open a command prompt
2. Change the path to %WINDIR%\system32\sysprep
3. Run: sysprep /oobe /generalize (This will release the current SID). Shows the progress as below:
4. Server will restart automatically.
5. During starting, you have to enter the product key (depends the type of license you use), password etc.
6. The network settings shouldbe checked again and substitute the required IPs
7. Done !! See how I was able to join the domain after these steps 🙂